Holiday travel is around the corner, so this is the perfect time for you to go over your travel plans. I absolutely love love love to travel! Along the way, I have learned a couple of valuable tips, which I am about to share with you.
I personally map out how many days I am going to be abroad and plan accordingly. Every day = 2- 3 outfits, but you do not want to pack too much and then end up paying overweight baggage fees! So here are my tips:
• Choose some pants/jeans/tights and shoes in neutral colors so that you can wear them twice! Be efficient!
• Roll up all of your clothes! This is the best way to save space in your suitcase.
• Put your shoes (ideally 2-3 pairs) in drawstring shoe bags or improvise with some plastic bags so as to not get your clothes dirty.
• Wear ballet flats or flat boots to be comfortable and preferably have socks on, so that when you go through security you do not have to walk on those dirty floors yuck! Tory Burch made a sock specifically for that moment when you have to quickly take off your shoes but want to avoid bare feet! She designed a Merino-wool sock with non-slip rubber that comes with a cute pouch and clip for your luggage so you can pull the socks on during security check
• For you shopaholic fashionistas, I strongly recommend putting a small bag in your luggage; in case you do any shopping you can easily use the extra bag so you don’t get stuck with overweight fees.
• Do not forget that airplanes get very cold! I suggest you take a pashmina in your bag to take out and use as a blanket. Some flights today do not even hand out blankets anymore, so be prepared.
• If you are traveling out of the country you might want to invest in a TSA approved lock for your suitcase . You definitely do not want to have any of your gorgeous belongings stolen and if you just use a regular lock and security needs to open your luggage, they will break it!
Do not forget to pack plenty of fashion accessories to accent and change up your looks! If you accessorize properly you can get away with taking less outfits.
Happy Thanksgiving and happy travels to all the fashionistas out there!
If there is anything I missed, please reply to his post and share your tips with us.